National Geographic Photo of the Day

Friday, May 8, 2009

Got myself a new phone - N79

Around the second week of March, I got myself a new mobile phone. My old Sony Ericsson K750i was getting a bit........... old. So I decided to go in for a change.

After considering everything from an iPhone (yuck....) to the Nokia 5800 to the C905 to the N85, I made up my mind and bought an N79. Fit my needs perfectly and had a large list of features for the Rs. 19800 asking price. I bought it at the Wavetel showroom in Kodambakkam.

Here's the device description straight from Nokia's website:
"The Nokia N79 is a GSM/WCDMA dual-mode multimedia computer supporting WCDMA/HSDPA, EGSM, and WLAN. Change the Xpress-on smart covers that automatically change the theme when attached. Use the Nokia N79 to connect to mobile broadband using WLAN or HSDPA (3.5G). Find directions and locations with the integrated A-GPS and included maps. Take photos with a 5-megapixel autofocus camera with a dual LED flash and automatic location tagging of images and videos. Enjoy videos, music, and graphics on the 2.4” QVGA display with orientation sensor. Additional features include UPnP, Bluetooth 2.0 +EDR, and USB 2.0 High-Speed. "

The battery is pretty good for moderate use. It'll last about 3 days.
However if you have plenty of apps like Phone Guard, Voice recorders, scheduled sms tools etc running in the background and if you use the camera, wifi and GPS a lot, ten you might have to charge everyday. The interchangeable back cover is a gimmick but a really cool one, because the phone's theme will automatically change with the colour of the cover that you use. And you'll get a free N-gage game unlock coupon with it too.

I wrote a review of the phone, after using it over the past two months, at a website called reviewstream. The link is available in the "My Reviews section in the left sidebar of the blog". Or just click this. Do read it and if you liked the review, give me a vote for the review at the bottom of that reviewstream page.


Do note that any further reviews of anything (not just cell phones) that I write will show up in the "My reviews" section in the left sidebar. They're not ads :-), they're stuff I sit and write.

0 comments:

Post a Comment